Sunday, September 7, 2008

I hate shopping

I wish ALL college students could only shop at the C-store. Grocery shopping frickin sucks. First of all, this isn't Europe, and as far as I'm concerned I drive, shop, walk, and do everything that takes a "side" of the road/aisle whatever on the RIGHT side. I will not move out of the way if you (namely 20 year olds) are trying to pass someone and almost run into me. Not cool. They are EVERYWHERE. The girls shorts are too short, and the guys all looks like tools. Ok, not all. Most all though. I did see a few nice gentlemen that were courteous, and some girls too. But son of a gun. Don't stand in the middle of the main aisle and talk, because I will get impatient, ask nicely to "squeeze by" and get a look shot at me that makes me feel five again. Dumb. I liked grocery shopping much better in the summer. I'll have to start going again at 8am on Monday, cause Lord knows no college students will be up then.

So THEN I was waiting in one of those self-checkout line things, and not just the "12 items or less" but the "Unlimited items" aisle. I love this. I take my time, bag as I go, pay at the end, and leave without someone else starting to load their scanned crap on the belt and getting it mixed up with mine. Just hold on a gosh darn second! I found my way works fabulously. Today, an impatient girl with a NEWSPAPER is waiting extremely impatiently behind me, which only makes me go slower (you know, like if you tail me in my car, I'll slow down to make sure I am only going the speed limit and no faster?). So I just am barely about to take my reciept and she starts scanning her stuff and its coming down the belt and I don't even have my bags off the end. JEEEZ. I couldn't get out of there fast enough tonight. Bah.

Let's see. Chad bought a Nintendo DS tonight. I got Brain Age 2 for it, which is flippin awesome, builds my brain and is more fun than television. Chad got some game that is hard and I think he is jealous of my brain age. 20 years old is supposed to be the "goal" brain age... I got 67 the first time because the audio portion couldn't pick up my rock, paper, scissors words properly. You're supposed to talk at normal voice level (already a problem) and hold the DS 12 inches away from your face. The first time it didn't recognize "scissors" I said it louder, and the louder and closer, and Chad's saying "just say it normal" but I was so frustrated I couldn't... so I got a brain age of 67. BOO. Chad had something like 45, but apparently the DS likes men better. BUT when it came to the numbers, words, etc. I frickin rocked it. 24 years!! That's good enough for me. And then I found out that it has its own version of Dr. Mario on it (which is easier because I could do it and I'm not so good at the game) and thats awesome. The fact that Chad got a second brain age of like 58 on the written part made it better too.

I'm off to play DS :)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

hah. I agree with everything you said about the college kids. I can't go to Target without being overwhelemed by underagers acting like they own the store. Luckily, I am in an area on campus with virtually no undergrads and live in an area of grad school aged students and geriatrics.

Fun with the Nintendo DS, too! I really want to play it, so you should bring it with you when you come to visit..... eventually.... =)

Anna D. said...

IS THIS WHO I THINK IT IS? you gotta warn people when you switch things up like this! :)